- Academic Issues
- Local Community
- Health & Wellbeing
- About Us
STUDENTS KEEP GAS SAFE
Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas. Don't mistake the symptoms for a hangover.
Last year 15 people died and 234 suffered major injuries from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning. Don’t become a statistic; there are things you can do to keep yourself safe.
If you are living in rented accommodation, your landlord has a to have any gas appliance that they own regularly maintained by a Gas Safe Register engineer and issue you with a copy of the gas safety record following the annual safety check.
The Gas Safety Charity has published a useful factsheets for students about how to stay safe in your home.